Root your ASUS Transformer B70, B80+ or ASUS Slider
Finally, the long awaited root for B70+ devices is here! Kudos to Androidroot for their RazorClaw tool! Not only its awesome, its very easy to use! What it does is, it uses the ASUS’ new backup utility to provide the root on the device. Pretty nifty! That means, you need to have the ASUS Backup utility first. If you don’t, upgrade your firmware. I tested mine on Build Number 18.104.22.168 and it worked like a charm! I’ve been waiting forever for this root utility! How to ROOT?!
It has currently been tested on the following devices and ROM versions:
- ASUS Transformer TF101 (22.214.171.124)
- ASUS Transformer 3G TF101G (126.96.36.199)
- ASUS Slider SL101 (188.8.131.52)
1. Make sure you have the ASUS Backup utility. It will be listed as “App Backup” in the app drawer. If you dont have it, connect to the internet and upgrade your firmware.
2. Download the RazorClaw root app from your tablet. (Mirrored for AndroidRoot for their awesome work!)
3. Run the RazorClaw tool and hit the “root me nao” button.
4. You were expecting more? Too bad. Now go and enjoy the device!
Big thanks and love goes to:
Please donate to them by following this link. They deserve all the credits and love! Don’t donate to me for this. I’m just their thankful supporter who is spreading the word :)
- About two months ago, I posted about the ASUS Slider being officially announced to the public. Since then, things have been pretty silent in the ASUS world. This week, it finally landed on my desk for review. Yes Malaysians, those of you who have been waiting for it, the time has finally come! As always, I am here again to More...
- ASUS has launched the ASUS Eee Pad Slider, a tablet that builds on the great success of the Eee Pad Transformer. Prior to its launch, the Eee Pad Slider has already made its mark with its winning design at the International Design Excellence Awards 2011. The Eee Pad Slider, which comes in metallic brown, features a slide-out keyboard, the new More...